Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Plane "incident"

All is well here, but I did get stranded in a remote village following an "abortive take-off maneuver," when the plane i was in failed to get enough speed to lift off and we ran off the end of the runway and into some grass and small trees. We were all fine even though it gave us a bit of a scare (along with material for my "top ten reasons not to live in the Congo" list). Will give details as soon as I get back to Kinshasa (am currently back in Kindu, which is where the helicoptered us back to.).

1 Comments:

Blogger Roland Hulme said...

Sahara Sarah... It's certainly got a ring to it! And if cheap beer and Tintin Paraphanalia are what the Congo's got going for it, I'm there, dude...

Seriously, Bailey... It's great to hear from you and I will read every post with interest. Miss you.

Rols (Tintin/Milky Bar Kid lookalike)

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home