Sunday, July 17, 2005

Rats and Indian Food (unrelated)

I'm sitting at the office, working late on a Sunday. A couple of minutes ago I heard this rustling of paper. Our box that serves as a trashcan was literally bouncing and moving. Then this rat jumped out and just started milling around. I made some noise and he ran off. Once I even found rat poop on my desk. The nerve!

I did have a nice Sunday, up until the present moment of working and rat-watching. I played tennis and my partner and I won our second game, my first victory. After a nice cold bucket-bath I headed to the Indian base and had a lovely meal with my friends there. And last night I hung out with some Italians and an English friend who are pretty much the closest people in town to my age/cultural background. I think my English friend should start a blog because he has better Kindu stories than me, such as being accused of trying to start a war here and spying. Heehee! Plus he has three kittens and if his blog has nothing but pictures of them I'd still read it faithfully.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Writer said...

Hi! I somehow stumbled on your blog while surfing. Just wanted to say I like it - I'm also an ex-pat woman working in Africa, and it's hard to find interesting blogs about Africa. Keep up the good work!

http://360degreesofsky.blogspot.com

2:27 PM  
Blogger Sahara Sarah said...

thanks for the comments, guys. claypot, read that you have some rats in the office to deal with as well:)

8:21 PM  
Blogger soap said...

I agree -- great writing, great photos, great experiences. And rats!

6:36 AM  
Blogger LouisAntoine said...

yo-- I feel so embarassed reading your blog... I went to Goma for a couple of months to shoot a documentary and it was this huge event in my life. You're chilling in MANIEMA, the most isolated province of one of the most isolated countries in Africa, and you are just unflappable.

I am in love with the Congo... can't wait to go back.

www.kivu.blogspot.com

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home