Monday, July 11, 2005

Hammers in K-Town

Now they've moved on from testing chainsaws to hammering into the cement underneath my apartment (installing security bars for our warehouse). Unfortunately yesterday I was quite sick (just think of all manners that things can leave your body and combine that with a bucket flush toilet. ick!) so my energy and love for Kindu are on the down side. However, I will prevail. The important thing is to 1) have low life-style standards, 2) at least succeed at work, 3) wear ear-plugs, and 4) start planning that October trip to Tanzania. My new motto: Zanzibar will make everything okay.

Saturday night I went to the Indian base for a going away party for the Bolivian contigent. Being one of the only ex-pat girls in town, at least ten guys had their friend's take photos with me. I don't know what's Spanish for "this was my girlfriend in the Congo," but something tells me that that's going to be the story they tell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"estaba mi novia en el Congo" (or something close to that, my spanish is a bit rusty and there's not much oppty to practice in Kigali)... and you're absolutely right, you'll be the intended of many of them. good times. :-)

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home