Tuesday, January 17, 2006

How beautiful is this boy?



I have a confession to make. I bought a nice new digital camera and it makes taking pictures sooooooooooooo fun. The instant gratification of the digital with the options of an SLR. So this picture was taken 26km up-river from Kindu. I had a group of children following me around like my personal army. I took a bunch of photos and this is one my faves. We had done a seed fair there (picture a market with seeds and tools and a thousand people). Underneath that hot Congo sun. Hot, that is, until about 30 minutes into our boat ride back to Kindu when it started pouring down rain. Then we ran out of gas. It was like a comedy routine (as is much of my life here). Everyone laughed as we passed the a plastic jug up to the front of the boat and siphoned off gas from the motorcycle we were transporting. 15 drenched soles huddling in shocking orange life jackets - pure comedy gold!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sahara Sarah said...

Well, I'd only been back in Kindu for 2 days. Having now been back for 2 weeks, I'm sure my response would be more along the lines of "who for the #$%@ gas?!"

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home