Saturday, July 01, 2006

Give me my weekend

I have this fun game I like to call "give me." When a child asks me to give them money, I ask them to give me something. It goes like this:

Child: Give me money.
Me: Give me your t-shirt.
Child: Give me money.
Me: Give me your necklace.
Child: Give me money.
Me: Give me your little sister.

And so on.

My goal is to not repeat what I ask for, and to ask for something that in theory the kid could give me. Once I almost did get a baby that a girl was holding when I asked for it. Guess I should be careful.

It was supposed to be a four-day weekend, and somehow it has become a two-day weekend where I am working both days. Sigh. I will be heading to the field tomorrow and out of contact for ten days. For fun, try to find where I am going on a map. It's called Sampwe (hint: Southeast of Mitwaba Territory, Katanga Province). Incidentally, the recent Time article on the DRC mentioned Malemba-Nkulu several times - the area where we just finished our distributions of non-food items to 5,500 households. Makes ya proud.

I have some lovely photos to post of zanzibar (indeed, this blog has been getting a wee bit text heavy) but the public computer I've been using of late has no software, other than Notepad. When I get back I'll guiltily post photos of me chilling at the beach with some photos from the field of the on-going crisis that is Congo. That's pretty much a juxtaposition that sums up my world.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you're on the ground in the midst of the crisis. Does it make you upset to read articles like this one in bloomberg.com which almost sound hopeful (given how the vote goes) or do you see some shared reason for the optimism?

8:09 PM  
Blogger Omar Basawad said...

I certainly will be a regular visitor to your blog! I have enjoyed reading your posts: well written and informative!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to enjoy playing that game. It sounds like more fun than 'I am not your boss' and 'why?'.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here GHD Hair Straightener, GHD Australia and GHD Straighteners Discount

8:16 AM  
Blogger bhoomi said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read U.S equity trades. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter.. Stock Market Tips

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home